Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday morning

With an overcast sky and a late start this morning- it's shaping up to be a doldrum day. I've been trying to get a good picture of the blue heron that frequents my neighborhood lake but have not had any luck yet. He lets people, screaming children and barking dogs get surprisingly close, but his visits are unpredictable. It seems that he is able to sense which days I bring my camera along on my walks, and which I don't- electing only to appear on days I don't. The lake is still bristling with activity in his absence, as two separate flocks of geese/ducks have settled in- flying in each morning, and leaving noisily every night. As if to say, that's right, you heard us, we'll be back tomorrow- seat saved. I snapped a picture of them hanging out by the waters' edge this morning. They usually wait until I am about 15 feet away and then start flapping their wings to propel them further into the water, to safety, away from my dog.

1 comment:

IndianSpiritualScience said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.