Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who is hungry?

Packing your lunch for work or for school (as opposed to buying it) ends up saving you money. When you buy things in bulk, and do the labor yourself it always works that way. I have a handy green tip or two, learned from years of observing my grandmother pack mine. I would suggest using a steady lunch bag, perhaps of cloth- so that you are not wasting things by throwing away a different bag everyday. It doesn't have to be Barbie or Ninja Turtles themed- don't get embarrassed yet, I have seen plenty of floral patterns or plain colored ones with plenty of sophistication embedded. Or if you like to throw your bags away, pack your lunch in a brown bag that can be recycled. Another idea is to use the bags that cereal comes in, to wrap your sandwich. Each box of Fruity Pebbles (etc) includes a bag holding the cereal in it. Once you have finished the cereal, you can rinse that bag and cut it- making it the perfect saran-wrap-ish material to contain your sandwich with.

1 comment:

Carpe Diem said...

I use the cereal bags too, but I use them as large freezer bags. They work really well and I tie up the tops with twist ties.